The Amaro Frosé from my book Celebrate Rosé is one of my ago-to frosé recipe! It’s not one of those watery slushies that lack any flavor, this Frosé is full of flavor/ The Frosé all all other’s wish they could be! This Amaro Frosé is a delicious frozen drink to sip on a hot day.
The key ingredient, besides the star rosé, the Amaro adds a bitter backbone go this drink which elevates all the flavors. Amaro are a style of liqueurs that contain bittering roots and herbs. Amaros can range from intensely bitter (think Fernet) to softer more subtle bitterness like in Aperol. I suggest using a slightly sweeter Amaro here, either Amaro Montenegro or Aperol, but feel free to use an Amaro you love
You can get this recipe for the Amaro Frosé and other rosé cocktails – grab a copy of my book here- Celebrate Rosé!Print
This is hands down the best Frosé recipe! My addition of amaro adds balance to really makes this boozy slushy shine. You’ll want to have this Amaro Frosé all summer long.
- 32 oz (950 ml) rosé
- 3 oz (90 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 oz (150 ml) simple syrup
- 14 frozen strawberries (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 7 oz (210 ml) Amaro Montenegro or Aperol
- 2 oz (60 ml) vodka
- garnish: 4 lemon twists, 4 strawberries, 4 edible flowers
- Distribute rosé and lemon juice into ice cube trays and freeze, in batches if needed.
- Prepare simple syrup.
- Once the liquids are frozen, combine them with the remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend well.
- Scoop into glasses. Express a lemon twist over each glass and add as a garnish, along with a strawberry and an edible flower.
Freeze all the liquid ingredients, aside from the vodka and Amaro, in the freezer. This will omit having to use any ice,