It’s still a loveable blushing pink slushy, but this Amaro Frosé has more depth to it than the typical recipes floating around which can be one noted and saccharine. The amaro adds balance and a sublte bitter backbone to really makes this boozy slushie shine.
- 32 oz (950 ml) rosé
- 3 oz (90 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 oz (150 ml) simple syrup
- 14 frozen strawberries (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 7 oz (210 ml) Amaro Montenegro or Aperol
- 2 oz (60 ml) vodka
- garnish: 4 lemon twists, 4 strawberries, 4 edible flowers
- Distribute rosé and lemon juice into ice cube trays and freeze, in batches if needed.
- Prepare simple syrup.
- Once the liquids are frozen, combine them with the remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend well.
- Scoop into glasses. Express a lemon twist over each glass and add as a garnish, along with a strawberry and an edible flower.
Freeze all the liquid ingredients, aside from the vodka and Amaro, in the freezer. This will omit having to use any ice,