This Tuscan Giardino cocktail is a true garden in a glass. It’s savory, but bright and refreshing- perfect for sipping outside on a breezy summer day. It’s made with Uncle Val’s new Zested Gin which has zesty botanicals which go perfect in a savory drink. Do not skip on the Sauvignon Blanc syrup, it adds a lovely layer of flavor to the savory cocktail. Although if you are short on time and wine, just use simple syrup in its place.Print
This is a true garden in a glass. It’s savory, but bright and refreshing- perfect for sipping outside on a breezy summer day.
- 4 slices cucumber
- 4“ piece celery
- 4 sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 oz Uncle Val’s Zested Gin
- 3/4 oz Sauvignon Blanc syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 oz lemon juice, preferable Meyer lemon
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 basil leaves
- few drops olive oil
- garnish- cucumber ribbon, edible flowers (dianthus), pea shoot
- Muddle cucumber, celery, peas in a shaker.
- Gin, basil leaves, juices, sauvignon blanc syrup & olive oil.
- Shake with ice.
- Double strain into a rocks glass with large ice cube.
Sauvignon Blanc Syrup
- 1 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1 cup white sugar
Add wine to sealable container or jar. Add sugar and shake until incorporated and sugar is dissolved. Store in fridge for up to 1 month.