Sherry Cobbler is a refreshing, low abv cocktail for summer using the best seasonal fruit. It’s also a classic cocktail that made crushed ice and straws popular!
- 3 1/2 oz sherry- I used Amontillado
- 1/2 oz Demerara syrup- you can use brown sugar or white sugar simple syrup as well
- 1 slice orange
- 1/4 cup seasonal fruit – such as berries, peaches and melons
- garnish: 1 orange slice, berries peaches or other seasonal fruit, mint sprig
- powdered sugar, optional
- Add all fruit to the shaker and muddle– Use a muddler or back of a large spoon to break up the fruit and release the juices.
- Pour in sherry and sweetener
- Add ice and shake– As this is going over crushed ice, a quick 5-10 second shake to chill is all you need.
- Add crushed ice to the glass
- Pour cocktail in the glass and top with more ice.
- Garnish with fruit slices first into the glass. Top with berries, figs or other small fruit. Smack mint on the glass to release the delicious oils.
- Sprinkle with Powdered sugar-optional
Keywords: low abv, summer cocktail, crushed ice, classic cocktails, sherry, fruit, seasonal, berry, peaches, stone fruit, mint