I am always looking for ways to pair intentional food bites or dishes to my drinks and vice versa. This combination of a citrusy Brandy Crusta and caramelized sweet potato toasts is a good one for serving up at the winter time and holidays using flavors from in-season ingredients with a classic brandy cocktail.
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp butter, browned
- 1 bunch sage, fried
- pomegranate seeds
- 4–6 oz goat cheese
- 1 baguettes, sliced
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Coat sweet potatoes in 1-2 tbsp oil. Add nutmeg. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add foil or parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan.
- Roast sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, toast sliced baguette in pan with oil.
- Add butter to a pan on medium low and melt. Stir butter occasionally until brown bits begin to form in the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to burn.
- In a pan with oil, add sage leaves add fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to each toast. Top with pomegranate seeds, crumbled goat cheese & fried sage.
- Drizzle with browned butter and sprinkle with more salt & pepper, I like Aleppo pepper flakes for some heat