tools: shaker, jigger, muddler or spoon, hawthorn strainer, fine mesh strainer, atomizer (optional)
- 1 1/2 oz coconut fat washed white rum, I used Probitas
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 guava, about heaping 1bsp
- spritz of green Chanteuse
- garnish: lime wheel
- Scoop guava into a shaker. Muddle well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the shaker and shake.
- Double strain with a Hawthorne strainer and fine mesh strainer into a coupe.
- Spritz with Green Chartreuse with atomizer * . Garnish with lime wheel.
COCONUT FAT-WASHED RUM
- 1 cup white rum, I used Probitas
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
Add liquid coconut oil* to a mason jar with rum. Stir and let infuse for 12 hours at room temperature. Add to the freezer to let the coconut oil layer separate. After 3 hours or when the coconut oil layer is solid, poke a hole through the coconut oil. Using a fine mesh stained, pour rum out of the jar through the hole. Store in the fridge for up to a 3-4 weeks.
If you do not have an atomizer, add a bit of the Green Chartreuse the glass and swirl around and dump before pouring in the cocktail, also called “washing ” the glass.
If you are unable to find fresh guava fruit, use 1-2 tsp guava paste or jelly.
Heat coconut oil to make liquid if solid.