A delicious Frozen Avocado Margarita!
glass: margarita glass, coupe, or steamed glass
tools: hand juicer, blender, jigger
1 avocado, pit removed- frozen ahead of time if possible
4 ounces blanco tequila
2 oz lime juice
1 1/2 oz Cointreau
1 1/4 oz agave
3–4 sprig cilantro
2– 2 1/2 cups ice
garnish: black lava sea salt (or regular course salt), cilantro sprig, lime wheel
- In a blender add liquid first followed by the avocado and cilantro.
- Add ice to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add black salt to a plate. Take lime left over from juicing and run along the rim of half a coupe or steamed glass. Rim the glass with the salt.
- Pour the blended margaritas into the glasses.
- Garnish with lime wheel and sprig of cilantro
Freeze your avocado in advance if you can. You’ll have to add less ice to get a frozen drink and you’ll get more flavor!