This eggnog contains bourbon, rum and brandy for a creamy, boozy triple threat. Make this nog ahead to age to let the spirits and spices mellow for holiday parties or Christmas day or even for next years Christmas.
- 8 egg yolks and 8 egg whites, separated
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 7 oz bourbon (I used Russell’s Reserve 10yr)
- 7 oz rum (I used Appleton Estate Reserve)
- 2 oz brandy
- 2 oz rye or additional 2 oz bourbon
- grated nutmeg for serving
- Separate 8 eggs. Place egg whites in a freezer safe container in the freezer until a few hours before you are ready to serve the aged nog.* Add egg yolks to a standing mixer or bowl and beat/whisk on low.
- Once they are nice and frothy, add the sugar and cream the two together on medium or mix rapidly. Add in the spices and mix well.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix or whisk in the milk and cream next, adding slowly to not splatter. Add in the bourbon, rum and brandy and mix in.
- Pour the eggnog into a sterilized container that seals such as liquor bottles or pitcher. Set this is in the fridge for at least one week and up to 1 year.
- When ready to serve, defrost egg whites or use 8 fresh egg whites if you prefer. Add to a mixer and mix until soft peaks form. Fold into the egg nog mixture.
- Serve in a punch glass, rocks glass or coupe. Sprinkle with fresh grated nutmeg.
*If you are serving fresh and un-aged, whip egg whites immediately and fold in.