Fire up your grill to make this Piña Colada! Grilling your pineapple for cocktails adds a great lay of caramelized flavor that makes this drink irresistible.
- 2 oz rum
- 3 slice grilled pineapple
- 1 oz coconut cream
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 cups ice
- garnish: grillede pineapple slice, pineapple frond, edible flower
- Slice a whole pineapple into 1/2 inch slices. Cut into quarters.
- Turn the grill to medium. You can also use a grill pan on the stove on medium high. Grill the pineapple slices. I like to brush on a miso honey butter on the fruit before grilling to really add to the caramelization.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until caramelized. Let the pineapple cool before using in the cocktail.
Make the Cocktail
- Remove the skin from the pineapple slices. Add to a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend with ice.
- Pour into glasses.
- garnish with pineapple slice, pineapple frond and optional edible flower