A sweet and savory Paloma using the farmer’s market summer bounty of snappy fennel and juicy strawberries.
- 1 medium strawberry, sliced and muddled
- 20g fennel, a few slices
- 2 1/4 oz blanco tequila, I used Forteleza
- 1 oz grapefruit
- 1/4 oz 2:1 simple syrup
- 3 dashes celery bitters
- 1 oz soda water
- garnish: grapefruit slice, fennel frond, course salt
- Wet the rim of a Collins glass with water or grapefruit slice. Dip into course salt to coat.
- Muddle the strawberry and fennel well in a shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the soda water and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a Collins glass with ice. Top with soda water.
- Garnish with grapefruit slice and fennel frond.
- I prefer to add simple syrup, fresh grapefruit, and soda water vs. a grapefruit soda for a juicier Paloma. But if you have grapefruit soda on hand and prefer this, you can replace these ingredients in the recipe with 3-4 oz grapefruit soda.