Tomato Pepper Toasts with Whipped Basil Goat Cheese using kitchen scraps from juicing vegtables.
- 15 grams basil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 60 grams orange bell pepper pulp
- 35 grams tomato pulp
- 30 grams yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 french baguette, sliced and toasted
- 30 basil leaves
- optional: half a cherry tomato per toast
Whipped Basil Goat Cheese
- Add goat cheese, basil, and 1 clove garlic into a food processor & pulse for 10 seconds or until incorporated and whipped. You can also use a bowl and hand mixer and whip for about 1 minute.
- Store in a container in the fridge for 1 week.
Tomato Pepper mixture
- Add tbsp oil to the pan. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add the tomato and pepper pulp and sauté for 4 minutes, breaking up any large pieces of pulp into thin pieces.
- Take off heat and store any unused in a container in the fridge for 3 days.
- Spread 1 tbsp whipped goat cheese to each slice of toasted baguette.
- Top with large 1 tbsp tomato and pepper mixture on top of the toasts. garnish with 2 small basil leaves.
- i topped mine with a half of cherry tomato for some snap, but the recipe is just as delicious with out this addition.
You can use fresh tomatoes and peppers in place of the pulp, but will need to be sauteed longer to remove the extra liquid.