The warming Irish Coffee gets a frosty make-over in this Frozen Irish Coffee! The Frozen Irish Coffee is inspired by the Erin Rose bar in New Orleans.
* 2 cups vanilla ice cream
* 1 cup strong brewed coffee, see note below
* 1 1/2 oz brandy ( I used Bertoux ) or like Irish Whiskey such as Slane
* 1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur, I used Mr. Black
* garnish: coffee grounds, coffee beans
- Brew strong coffee. Freeze coffee into ice cubes trays. Let them freeze, about 2 hours.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Pout into highball glass or Irish coffee glass.
- Garnish with coffee grounds and coffee beans.
Brew coffee strong 1:4, I did 1/4 cup ground coffee to 1 cup water.
Freezing the coffee allows you to having to add ice to get the right consistency. If you want to drink this quicker and not freeze coffee, add chilled coffee with a few ice cubes in the blender.