The Here Today, Tarragon Tomorrow is a savory tarragon cocktail that have whispers of spring woven through it. The first sip of the cocktail reveals the tart green apple with earthiness of the tequila followed by savory tarragon and celery salt. It’s Margarita adjacent, but unique.
- 4 tsp celery salt and 2 tbsp coarse salt
- 2 oz green apple juice
- 2 oz blanco tequila, I used La Gritona
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2 tarragon sprigs, garnished
- garnish: tarragon sprig, edible flower
- Add 4 tsp celery salt to 2 tablespoons coarse salt on a plate.
- Using a lime wedge, wet the rim of a rocks glass. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt mixture to coat.
- Muddle tarragon in a shaker. Shake tequila, apple juice, lime juice, and syrup with ice. Shake with ice.
- Strain into the glass with ice.
- Garnish with tarragon sprig and edible flowers
-For the green apple juice, add lemon juice to prolong oxidization. Use green apple juice with in 1 hour for a bright green color. Can be stored for up to 1 day in the fridge
-celery salt can be hard to track down so you can use celery seed mixed with corse salt for the rim
Keywords: tarragon, tequila